Monday, August 13, 2012

Sing Like Never Before



I've lived life more in the past two months than I have in the past few years. 

I was driving home tonight after a long yet satisfying day at work then dinner with some great new friends, reflecting on the recent changes in my life. I did a whole bunch of adventurous things that normally I'd never consider doing or slow down enough to do or enjoy in the past few days alone. I asked for a few days off and went camping and hiking and drove through streams and up/down windy mountain roads using only my side mirrors. I played pinball for the first time. I took a tour of a local famous brewery. I bought concert tickets to finally see one of my favorite artists live. 






I heard a song recently and a seemingly insignificant line keeps running through my mind ever since. 
Sing like never before...
So often as Christians I think we long for what it was like when we first accepted Christ, be it in childhood or later in life. It's easy to get caught up chasing something that you once felt and completely miss what God has graciously doing in us and where He brought to since then. More clearly than ever I feel like I'm at a place in life that is completely new. And I can and should sing like never before...



2 comments:

  1. Glad you're embarking on lots of new adventures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany recommended your blog and I'm so glad she did! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete